We made these fun cards to give to family members today. This was very simple and fun to do. I even made a few myself.
Here are the instructions:
1. Fold a piece of white card stock in half. Using ink or craft paint, carefully apply to your child's hand. I used craft paint and a sponge brush. My experience has been that paint works better for me than ink. Have baby wipes ready to wipe off the extra immediately after.
2. When applying the hand to the paper, turn the card paper upside down and/or backwards-so the card opens the opposite way of what you would normally expect. This way, your child will not have to bend their hand in an awkward position when stamping their hand heart. Have your child hold their fingers together instead of spread apart. This way the image will look more like a heart. The palm of the hand makes the top of the heart, and the fingers make the bottom of the heart.
3. Press the hand evenly and lift straight up when done.
4. Wipe off extra ink/paint with a baby wipe, and then wash the hand with soap and water.
Repeat the process with the other hand.
5. Let dry.
6. Use a black pen to add words or embellish. You could also stamp some words. I also used a red ink pad to ink the edges of the card.
7. Write a message to the loved one inside and you are done!
note: **My 3 and half year old could easily do this with my supervision. Trying to do it with an almost 1 and half year old...well...it sort of worked-but obviously not as well. I had to wipe his hands off right away:)