OK this is so YUMMY and so SIMPLE. It is a perfect recipe to have kids help you with! And if you read my blog regularly- and my Sweets on Sunday posts- you know I love using a cake mix :) It sure simplifies things-when you need things to be simple, because your darn sweet tooth can't wait- ha ha.
MINI CARAMEL APPLE PIES:
(ingredients are in bold)
1. Spray muffin tins with Pam butter spray. (want to make it richer- add a little bit of butter to each tin...)
2. Add about 2-4 tablespoons applesauce. Cover the bottom of each tin -about 1/4 inch.
3. Add a few pieces of chopped and peeled apple. I put about 2-3 pieces- about the size of a quarter.
4. Add about 1/4-1/3 cup yellow cake mix. I just put it on and left some space at the top of each one. I didn't measure. Just poured some on top. You can really add as much as you like. NOTE: This is a dry cake mix- as in straight from the box- nothing added.
5. Top with a little pat of butter or margarine and some cinnamon & sugar.
6. To make these into caramel apple pies, not just apple pies, top each with about a tablespoon of Heath Bar Toffee Chips. (can be found by the chocolate chips)
BAKE for 20-25 minutes at 350. SERVE with whipping cream or cool whip.
Watch out....you might not be able to stop at just one. ☻